Skip to content
Before the event:
- Confirm space/time allotments with autocrat.
- Find out if you have the help of other Marshals/MiTs.
- Post the Marshals List and ask for help!
- Make sure your event is on the Youth Combat Calendar.
- Decide if you’ll run a tourney.
- Arrange prizes for tourney winners (3 or 4 Divisions. Prizes for Chivalry, too).
- Hype the event.
Bring to the Event:
- Authorization Forms
- Sign in sheet for Marshals
- Sign in sheet for Fighters
- Marshal stick
- Water for fighters (Especially if none is supplied on site, and even if it is!)
- Garbage bags
- Table if you have one (if not supplied on site)
- Easy up if you have one (if shelter is not supplied by site)
- Ropes/caution tape to mark the list (stakes for outdoor use)
- Weapon and Gear Fixing Essentials
- Loaner Gear if you have it
- Prizes if you’re supplying them
- Anything you need for your particular games and scenarios
At the Event
Arrive at least an hour before list is to open so you can:
- Set up list area
- Walk area and look for hazards (glass, sticks, holes, dog poop)
- Set up fighter sign-in area
- Establish a “gear dump” area/fighter hang-out area
- Start a Marshals’ Sign-in Sheet
- Assess your helpers and designate responsibility (utilize experienced fighters!)
- Assess fighters and revise plans to according to number, ability, staff
- Hold a quick meeting so Marshals, fighters, and parents know what’s on the agenda
- Try to stay on schedule
- If you hold Authorizations, check Completed Authorization Forms for legible contact info and the signatures of Marshals and parents before everyone leaves!
After You’re Done:
- Inform Heralds of any young fighters to be honored in court.
- Go to Court yourself if you’re the one honoring young fighters.
- Give any completed waivers to Event Autocrat.
- Make copies of Completed Authorization Forms and mail originals to the MoL of Youth Combat.
- Thank your helpers, honor young fighters, and gloat about your event on the Youth Combat List!