Marshal in Charge - Event Checklist
Before the event:
- Confirm space/time allotments with autocrat
- Find out if you have the help of other Marshals/MiTs.
- Post the Marshals List and ask for help!
- Make sure your event is on the Youth Combat Calendar
- Decide if you'll run a tourney
- Arrange prizes for tourney winners (3 or 4 Divisions. Prizes for Chivalry, too)
- Hype the event
Bring to the Event:
- Authorization Forms
- Sign in sheet for Marshals
- Sign in sheet for Fighters
- Marshal stick
- Water for fighters (if not supplied on site and even if it is!)
- Garbage bags
- Table if you have one (if not supplied on site)
- Easy up if you have one (if shelter is not supplied by site)
- Ropes/caution tape to mark the list (stakes for outdoor use)
- Weapon and Gear Fixing Essentials
- Loaner Gear if you have it
- Prizes if you're supplying them
- Anything you need for your particular games and scenarios
At the Event:
Arrive at least an hour before list is to open so you can:
- Set up list area
- Walk area and look for hazards (glass, sticks, holes, dog poop)
- Set up fighter sign-in area
- Establish a "gear dump" area/fighter hang-out area
- Start a Marshals' Sign-in Sheet
- Assess your helpers and designate responsibility (utilize experienced fighters!)
- Assess fighters and revise plans to according to number, ability, staff
- Hold a quick meeting so Marshals, fighters, and parents know what's on the agenda
- Try to stay on schedule
- If you hold Authorizations, check Completed Authorization Forms for legible contact info and the signatures of Marshals and parents before everyone leaves!
After You're Done:
- Inform Heralds of any young fighters to be honored in court
- Go to Court yourself if you're the one honoring young fighters
- Give any completed waivers to Event Autocrat
- Make copies of Completed Authorization Forms and mail originals to the MoL of Youth Combat
- Thank your helpers, honor young fighters, and gloat about your event on the Youth Combat List!
[ East Kingdom Officers Listing ]
This is the recognized web site for the East Kingdom Youth Fighter Group of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version. For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the Webminister ( email@example.com ). He will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors.
Copyright © 2005-2013 East Kingdom Youth Fighter Group. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.