Key Armor and Weapons, Rattan Combat, Ages 16-17,
- Rattan Weapons constructed to EK Rattan Weapons standards.
- Heavy List shield constructed to EK standards.
- Metal Helm: minimum 16 gauge with face grill preventing entry of items greater than 1″ in diameter.
Specifications for Helmet Construction
- Rigid gorget backed by foam or padding covering the larynx and cervical spine.
- Padded gambeson or body pads. Rigid shoulder protection extending 2″ past shoulder point. Rigid sternum protection. Female fighters must have breast protection.
- Kidney belt.
- Padded gloves with demi gauntlets for basketed weapons and shields. Full gauntlets or hockey gloves for non basketed weapons and shields.
- Rigid forearm.
- Rigid thigh protection.
- Rigid shin protection.
- Rigid elbows and knees which protect the sides of the joint as well as the point.
- Long pants.
- Closed toe shoes.
- Gender appropriate, rigid groin protection. Female fighters must have equivalent of heavy leather covering the groin and lower abdomen hip-point-to-hip-point.
Some Additional Notes
Heavy List calibration blows and thrusts.